On Sun, Feb 06, 2005 at 08:41:30PM +0100, Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Of course you can't load a local file into a gimp instance running on

This is, of course, possible, but not with the current gimp-remote, and
it's probably not that desirable t make it run.

> a different machine but on the same X server. That's not any different
> to the current situation though.

It's very different, the current situation "just works" when invoking gimp.
With your proposed change it simply doesn't work.

That *is* a big difference in my book.

> And it would probably be possible to design the remote protocol in a way
> that avoids this problem. So we can only improve things.

I don't thin it is in general. It's possible t ake it work in, say, most
circumstances, but I don't think the current behaviouor is so annoying as
to make failures acceptable.

                The choice of a
      ----==-- _       generation     Marc Lehmann
      ---==---(_)__  __ ____  __      [EMAIL PROTECTED]