On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 08:20:22PM +0100, Jordi Cant?n wrote:
> Is there a guide to setup a cvs compilation in a local user without
> interfering the global configuration and the other users in the system?
> I am very interested on getting that color management stuff working, but
> I cannot change/reinstall the linux box I am using, so I must work locally.
there is a how-to at www.gimp.org that will help with this:
http://www.gimp.org/source/howtos/stable-cvs-build.html  and a script
you can edit that will help even more:

i think it is a simple matter of changing the prefix in the
configuration, typing ./autogen.sh --help gives much more information
than i can.  then edit the script to help you set up your environment to
reflect the new PATHS.

probably consistency is your friend here.