On Tue, Feb 15, 2005 at 02:59:55PM -0500, Nathan Summers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 20:53:17 +0100, Marc A. Lehmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > For example, you can switch between dynamic keybindigs and mnemonic use
> > via preferences, but the 2.x dynamic keybindings are not as useful as
> > the 1.2 DKB were, and I do not think that penalizing people who prefer
> > that way (remember, it once was a killer feature of the gimp, just as
> > shell-like tab completion in the file dialog was) is reasonable.
>
> Out of curiosity, why do you find the 2.x dynamic keybindings not as useful?

Mostly because they need to be set in a different place (e.g. image menu)
then where they are used (e.g. layers dialog) and the shortcuts are not
being shown (Which is bad because I often change them depending on my
needs). That is what I meant by "penalizing".

A minor point is that I need to organize my already-crowded keybindings
better because they are global, whereas before I ctrl-d could mean
duplicate image or layer, depending on the context (I am used to
focus-follows-mouse so this didn't bug me the least, but apperently it did
bug many others, so the change improve dusability for the masses or so :).
I call this "minor" because it's just that: a minor nuisance, and I guess
very difficult to make switchable via a preferences item.

And of course very minor is that I need to enable it, but that's sth. I don't
need to do very often :->

--
                The choice of a