Robert L Krawitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> We use the same matrix for all color channels, but offset the starting
> address for each channel to decorrelate the channels.
> Let me know if you're interested.

Yes, we are interested. I'd really like to get rid of the random
number generator in the gradient blend code. It is simply way too slow
and gradient blends are a rather frequent operation.

Please have a look at the current code in CVS (will take a day for
anoncvs to catch up). It is a lot more readable and should allow for
easy replacement of the RNG by a dither matrix.