In regard to: Re: [Gimp-developer] GIMP fails to compile without C++...:

Daniel Egger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

just curious, is it expected that configuration of a GIMP
build will fail if configure cannot find a C++ compiler?

That question would better be asked on the autoconf list. While you are on it, ask them why there are checks for a fortran compiler. I don't think we ask for any of those.

As Yosh has already replied, this is a problem in libtool. I thought a fix had been applied to the 1.5 branch, but I can't seem to find it so it must be in the 2.0 branch only.

Tim Mooney                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]