Hi,

"Michael Schumacher" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I think this is a request for advice on how to create a file
> etc...). AFAIK there is no template for this (wasn't there an
> enhancement request for this?). It should be possible to use
> existing plug-ins as an example, though.

The only purpose of the plug-in template is to help people that are
trying to create complex plug-ins to get the build system right. It is
complete overkill for 95% of all plug-ins and definitely for any file
plug-in I can think of.

The API reference at http://developer.gimp.org/ is what we should
point developers too. The plug-in template only comes into the game if
the plug-in becomes large.

Sven