It ocurred to me that most GIMP translations are done by people
working on the Gnome translation teams.

These teams intensify their work (ok, at least pt_BR team), on the
verge of stable gnome releases.

Since GIMP packages are released in a different schedulle, I guess
that this string freeze message should be forwarded to a global
gnome-l10n mailing list, or many languages will only update tiny-fu
when gnome 2.12 gets close.