On Wednesday 13 April 2005 21:12, Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris wrote:
> On Tuesday 12 April 2005 13:06, JS wrote:

Let's see how far I can MAP these SVG comp. modes to GIMPs:

1) clear:  Not available as a composite mode. One might just turn the
layers visibility off.

2) src:No mode.  Turn off the visibility of the dst layer.
3) dst: No mode.  Turn off the visibility of the src layer.
4) src_over: mode "behind"
5) dst_over: mode "normal"
6) src_in: no equivalent mode. There would be needed another (custom)
mode mode that would multiply or "lighten only" the alpha  component,
and ignored the dst color.
7) drc_in: no equivalent mode. There would be needed another  mode
that would multiply or "lighten only" the alpha  component, and
ignored the src color.
8) src_out: no equivalent mode. There would be needed another mode
that would multiply or "lighten only" srca by the complement of dsta,
and ignored the dst color.
9) dst_out: no equivalent mode. There would be needed another mode
that would multiply or "lighten only" srca by the complement of dsta,
and ignored the dst color.
10) src_atop: no equivalent mode. There would be needed another mode
that would be like the current behind mode, but use dsta instead of
srca
11) drt_atop: no equivalent mode. There would be needed another mode
that would be like the current normal mode, but use srca to replace
dsta.
12) src_atop: no equivalent mode. A XOR_alpha mode would be needed to
emulate this.

Apart of the nice code I pointed in the other e-mail, I have a current
python script is flexible enough to easily do these compositions. As
a plug-in, however, it doesn't operate in real time: you have to draw
you layers, and call the plug-in to generate a resulting layer from
the operation.

If you are interested I can have it dealing with these 12 modes in a
little more than an hour.

        JS
        -><-