I am a student at Harvard University taking a Social Anthropology research seminar about Life-Online and communities in cyber-space. As my project I would like to study open-source software development and the communities that develop around these projects. I would be interested in writing my final paper on your project and the community dynamic it contains. I need to obtain approval from you and the people I interview within the project before I can continue. If you would like I could make this study completely anonymous, and hide the actual nature of the project and the identities of the participants. I just find the entire project you are running to be very interesting and would like to conduct research on the community that has evolved around the project.

If you are interested in helping me with my project, please reply to me directly.

Ansel Witthaus