I just need no one to dissent from me researching, so I will assume that no one has.

Basically I am looking to find out how an open source software community starts and the hierarchy it has created. To that end I would like to interview the founders (which it is my understanding it will be hard to get ahold of them), a few higher level developers, and a few people who just dabble. I want to see why people start them and contribute to them. I will be writing up a set of questions that it would be great if a few people could answer. I will send out a link to that in the near future. Thanks to those of you who have shown interest, and to those of you who haven't replied to me yet, I would love to have your thoughts also, even if you don't have time to answer all of my questions. I will make my findings available to all of you if you are interested in what my final paper is about.