On Thu, 2005-05-19 at 13:32 +0200, Dave Neary wrote:
> Hi all,
> As many of you know, we have an informal merchandising arrangement with
> Sourcewear.com which has raise a few dollars this year (not much, though).
> I would like to improve on this relationship, and I know that Federico
> at sourcewear feels the same. For my part, I'd like to see better
> products, and more products, as well as formalising the cut we get from
> merchandising (this is currently an informal arrangement, I think that
> we should get an engagement on paper).
> For their part, they would like to continue having their logo on the arm
> (which I'm OK with), and they would like to be our official merchandiser
> - that is, have a place in the sidebar on every page, and a place of
> prominence on the front page.
> That's why I'm writing here. Is this arrangement OK with people? I will
> firm things up quickly with Federico if it is, but I didn't want to
> start negociating something without running it past the communtiy that
> has stuck with the GIMP.
> Lazy approval is in effect - if you haven't replied in 3 days, I'll
> assume everyone's happy with this.
> Cheers,
> Dave.

I have no objections to adding some tastefull merchandising links to the
gimp website, but I think we should be carefull about the product we

Has anyone here seen the quality of their shirts?  Are they screen
printed or heat transfered?  I prefer screen printed tshirts, but
gradients like the ones we have in the gimp logo dont usually screen
print very well.

They seem like a good company and I have no reason to doubt their
quality, but if I were making the decision I would want to know

Jay Cox