Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

Andrei Simion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

I managed to start X:

Xvfb :1.0 -screen 0 10x10x16

So, the display is 1.

Now, I start the Gimp server:

gimp --display 1 --no-interface

You cannot combine --display and --no-interface. If you don't want any
user interface, then you don't need a display.

I presume you need. Firstly, the 1.3 Gimp server worked fine with it. Secondly, if you start a the Xvfb (X virtual frame buffer) and assign a display for it, it means in my opinion that the Gimp has a display to output the images to. About the --no-interface, it means that you don't need the graphical interface of the Gimp, which is obvious as you run the Gimp in the server mode.

I took the display option out of the startup command and the gimp
server started. But, when I was running a script I got the same error
as when I started the Gimp server without the X:

1117560504: accepted tcp connection from 127.0.0.1:32855
Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:   at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi/Gimp.pm line
264.
1117560504: closing connection 11 (1 requests in 0 seconds)

What about setting the DISPLAY environment variable for the perl
server (if it really needs a display) ?

You mean a DISPLAY variable in each script?

What we have to keep in mind is that the 1.3 version of the Gimp server worked fine in this configuration (the Xvfb and Gimp startup). Now, with the 2.2 I have problems and there is no documentation at all, except for the man page that doesn't say anything for my problem).

Thanks,
Andrei

Sven