Thanks, I'll try and mudle through, unfortunately I am far from fluent
in C (my CV includes Java, php, perl and python. Pointers! arggggh ;)
).

So if off the top of their head anyone can give me a bit more info to
get me started it would be much appreciated. Is there not
documentations that describes the xcf file format?

P.s. Well done on a great app, it really kicks ass.

Rian