On 6/12/05, Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Nathan Summers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> >> Sorry, but GIMP also doesn't know what language the procedure is
> >> written in. Such a framework would first have to be added and I don't
> >> see it as particularily useful.
> >
> > It's a great solution for the real world problem of :
> >
> > "Run the Foo plugin."
> > "I don't have the Foo plugin."
> > "Oh crap, what package is it in?"
> I see that problem but the suggested solution doesn't help with it.
> What the user really wants to know is how to get that particular
> plug-in/script. Telling the user what language it is written in, is
> not going to solve that problem.

Given that in the Real World, the vast majority of the scripts people
have installed came in the same package as the scripting language
itself, this solves a major part of the problem.  On the other hand,
if we are adding a field-of-origin, it's trivial to make it specify
not just language but a URL or somesuch for how to get it.