On 6/18/05, Alan Horkan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Jun 2005, Sven Neumann wrote:
>
> > Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 23:11:25 +0200
> > From: Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED] >
> > To: Leon Brooks <[EMAIL PROTECTED] >
> > Cc: gimp-developer@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu
> > Subject: Re: [Gimp-developer] FAQ (-: sooner or later :-) KDEification of
> >     GIMP
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Leon Brooks <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > writes:
> >
> > > This may seem like an oxymoron, given GIMP's heavy defacto relationship
> > > with GNOME-flavoured GTK, but is there any GIMP equivalent to
> > > OpenOffice's KDE integration (http://kde.openoffice.org/ )?
> >
> > GIMP is not a GNOME application,
>
> This point has been made before and I hope Sven is willing to clarify this
> point a little more as I do not entirely understand his purpose in saying
> it or putting it exactly that way.

Certainly there are as many definitions of what it means to be gnome
as there are gnome developers.  But if you've seen the much
talked-about "10x10" video, I'd say to use the terminology there, gimp
"is GNOME", but is not "in GNOME".  If you haven't seen that video,
the distinction probably doesn't mean a thing for you, of course. :)

Rockwalrus