On Tuesday, June 21, 2005, 1:02:34, Sven Neumann wrote:

>> No, it does not at all work surprisingly well. It is *extremely*
>> slow, it hinders, it flickers, it destroys the selection, it pops up
>> a window. It feels like an ugly kludge and certainly does not wor
>> "surprisingly well".
> I cannot reproduce most of your problems. At least not from this
> description. If you want to be taken seriously, then please come up
> with serious descriptions and make sure that comprehensive and useful
> bug reports exist for them.

I definitely can - typing paths in the Ctrl+L dialog looks like this to me:
type a drive letter and :, see them both appear while typing, continue
typing, but see no feedback for several seconds while it's checking the
files - the native Win32 dialog boxes show the autocomplete list both much
faster, and doesn't interfere with my input even when it takes a few seconds
for the list to appear.

I'll write a more complete list of the things that bother me in the file
dialog in the evening.

--
< Jernej Simoncic ><><><><>< http://deepthought.ena.si/ >

Logic is a systematic method of coming to the wrong conclusion with confidence.
       -- Manley's Maxim