On 6/25/05, Pedro Kiefer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Objective: Lock the layer from user actions.
> I've just made this mockup (attached) of how the locking mechanism
> should appear to the user in the layers tab. But that could be wrong, in
> not really familiar with the GNOME HIG. Clicking in an unlocked lock
> will lock the layer, clicking in a locked lock will unlock it.

Looks nice.  The only thing that comes to mind is that keep
transparency and lock are similar, and yet displayed so differently on
the dialog. But that's a minor issue.
> How all this should be implemented is something that I don't know in the
> moment. I need to learn a little bit of how actions interacts with the
> layer to try to propose some functions. But what comes to my mind is to
> have a function that returns, based on it's caller, if the given caller
> is able to act upon the given layer. And a simple set / unset pair of
> functions to be called from the UI.

It doesn't sound like it should be that hard to implement.

> [1] It actually photoshop has one more locking option, keep transparency
> which is already implemented in gimp.

Out of curiosity, if you have keep pixels on and keep trans off, can
you munge the alpha channel but not the color channels?