On Sun, Jun 26, 2005 at 09:21:39PM -0300, Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris wrote:
> On left-clicking on the layer-tree, where the current "linked" icon
> for each layer is placed, a drop-down menu would be displayed.
> This menu would contain 4 itens which could each be checked or
> unchecked:
> Transparency Lock
> Color Lock
> Geometry Lock
> Linked

Linked is not like the locking options, so it should be kept separated.
A dropdown menu is expected to disappear on clicking an entry, so
changing several options would make for a click orgy.
Color and Geometry lock are no way as important as linking.
The fact your targets only appear after an initial action slows you
down. Icons/Checkboxes above the list might be faster to handle,
because you see them right away.

> If either of these get checked, an apropriate icon (which could be
> always the same) would  displayed in that place.

It's usualy difficult enough to convey a single action or state with
an icon, but trying to combine 4 aspects with all possible combinations?
The only possibility I see are 4 mini icons in the space of one, most
likely making for a nice pixel salad.

I'm all for icons above the list.

Thorsten Wilms