On Tue, 5 Jul 2005, Sven Neumann wrote:

> Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 21:50:14 +0200
> From: Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: Alan Horkan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Cc: The GNU Image Manipulation Program
>     <gimp-developer@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu>
> Subject: Re: [Gimp-developer] [OT] Adobe Developers have a sense of humour
> Hi,
> Alan Horkan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > I never knew Adobe Developers had a sense of humour.  They have been
> > hiding easter egg splash screens in Adobe Photoshop for ages:
> > http://www.aresluna.org/guidebook/apps/photoshop/aboutboxeasteregg
> Guess what the GIMP developers have been doing (well, perhaps not for
> ages)...

I knew the Toys: GeeZoom, and Gee Slime; were Easter eggs but I've never
looked for or accidentally discovered any easter eggs in the GIMP.

A quick web search later [1] and I see holding Ctrl+Alt and then choosing
Help, About will reveal a special About dialog in the GIMP as well as in

Must mention this to the Inkscape developers, they are having
difficulty choosing a new splash screen from the wonderful entries
they have received:

Alan Horkan

Inkscape http://inkscape.org
Open Clip Art http://OpenClipArt.org