On 8/26/05, Simon Budig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Sven Neumann ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> > Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > >  http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/gimp/authors.xml?view=markup
> > >
> > > I am now looking for a volunteer to go over authors.xml and check
> > > what roles apply to the people listed there. Perhaps also check that
> > > noone important is missing (last time we did that was before the 2.2
> > No response whatsoever. So there isn't even interest in helping with
> > the simple tasks any longer? This is becoming somewhat frustrating...
> I am pretty sure that it is *not* simple and that there are very few
> people being able to do that. And no, I don't think I could do this.

I believe that compared to coding C++, this is supposed to be
considered simple - the generic, old, mundane task of compiling a list
of names. ^^  I believe that in the "olden days" this used to be the
sort of job an entry level worker would do in a corporation.

> There are too many names in that file I've never heard of and I have no
> interest at all go digging through ancient maillogs or changelogs just
> to figure out if someone was a contributor or doc-writer or whatever.

What about a collaborative effort?  E.g. someone goes and checks
through these things, and then someone can double check.  Or the list
can be split in half, and then if there's ones we're unsure about we
send them to the other person (and vice versa).

 - Just my two cents