Hi,

I am not going to respond on your mail in detail, mainly for lack of
time. Lots of good points being made and taken. However I would like
to state that I am not at all unwilling to mentor new developers. I
also think that our (and that includes mine) attitude towards new
ideas and requests for changes has become a lot better over the last
years. You are right that we are lacking active developers but we
gained quite a few new ones recently and I am not sure if they receive
GIMP development as bad as you put it. Quite a few people are rather
enthusiastic about it and I would love to have more time to help them
get into it.

Sven