On 8/29/05, Szasz Pal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi!
> I have an idea for the future versions of gimp: layer grouping. Ie. you
> could group the layers, and perform some operations on them. Ie. you
> could toggle visibility, reaise-lower, etc.

http://pippin.gimp.org/bauxite/ contains some screenshots of my experiments
with regard to extending the layer concept. Keeping some of the
possibilities that might arise in the future (the future with GEGL) in
mind might pay off when pondering the user interface.

The biggest problem with an advanced layer model, is that the user
might get lost.

                                                 -- William Gibson