Michael Schumacher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Reinstalling the same version wouldn't help, I'm talking about a hard
> timeout there - created when the release tarball is made, for example,
> and set to e.g. 60 or 90 days into the future.

What's all this fuss? There is absolutely no reason why we should
cripple any GIMP release, development version or not, by doing such
silly things. This is Free Software. We are distributing it as source
code. If someone wants to build binaries and distribute them, so be
it. You might not have noticed yet, but binary distribution of the
GIMP 2.3 series is not in any way discouraged. Of course we appreciate
if pacakagers make it clear that they are distributing an unfinished
development release but that's something we can only ask for.