On 9/28/05, Lance Dockins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> At this point, I'd like a little help or direction about compiling GIMP
> in a Win32 environment with MinGW, MSys, and ActivePerl.

It's not GIMP, but I wrote a HOWTO a couple of days ago for building
my gtk+ app under mingw:

For GIMP, don't install fftw. You'll need to install some other
libraries too, http://gimp.org/source has a list. I really wouldn't
carelessly copy DLLs over from previous versions, I think you're sure
to find yourself in a very bad, mysterious place.

That should be enough to be able to build from a distribution tarball
... if you need to build from CVS, it'll be quite a bit more difficult
since you'll need to set up all the auto tools stuff as well.

I'm not a windows person so I probably made it more difficult than it
needs to be. But I did end up with a binary that seems stable.