Thanks John. This should help tremendously. Just two other questions then...

1) Is there a way to get python to work on Windows AND is it even necessary to build GIMP? 2) Where do I install/unzip the all the auto tools? Should I just unzip them to a location in MinGW and use the export command to include those directories? I'm assuming that I don't need a special Win32 build of these tools so I've just downloaded them from their respective locations. If I'm wrong about this, please let me know so I can get the right copies. Thanks.