Hi Edward,

thanks for you proposal.

On Tue, Sep 27, 2005 at 01:36:45PM -0400, Edward H. Trager wrote:
> To see the full proposal, please see:
>
>     http://eyegene.ophthy.med.umich.edu/unicode/fontdialog/
>
> The rest of this email provides a synopsis of the proposal.
Speaking as a user here, I'm not sure if your proposal of a drop down is
really what solves the problem here.

I really like the fact, that the fonts are categorized. That is
something which I really miss in the font selection dialogs currently.
If a user has installed a motherload of fonts, he mostly has to scroll
and scroll and scroll to pick a font.  Using a drop down widget has the
disadvantage, that I still have to scroll like mad to pick a font, even
if they are categorized. I'm able to find the font much faster, but
picking a font is cumbersome as it is now.

In fact, the only dialog which I endore is the font dialog from Apples
Mac OS X. You still have to scroll to pick a font, if there are lots of
fonts in one category, but it minimizes the effort.

Well, just my 2 cents to your proposal :)

Greetings,
--
Roman Joost
www: http://www.romanofski.de