On Tue, Oct 04, 2005 at 09:04:42AM -0500, Lance Dockins wrote:

> I should also clarify that I have considered switching to Linux to make
> this easier, but I just don't have the time, money, and hardware to do
> so without destroying the Win32 environment I'm required to use in the
> professional world.  My guess is that's the case for many Windows users
> who would like to be able to compile from tarball/CVS without such
> hassles as we've described here.  Grant that I don't speak for everyone
> using Win32, but I'd imagine you'd see a positive reception from such an
> endeavor from more than one Win32 user.

this is so interesting.  Win32 has succeeded in making linux expensive.

you are asking that the Win32 environment not work the way it was
designed to work -- at least i think this is what you are saying.

i am very impressed that it was able to make free software expensive,
this is a simply amazing accomplishment!

carol