On Mon, 2 Jan 2006 15:16:00 -0800
Carol Spears <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 02, 2006 at 04:52:18PM -0600, Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
> >
> > compiling and installing Gimp:
> > http://www.afolkey2.net/gimp/01/gimpCVS-autogensh.txt
> > http://www.afolkey2.net/gimp/01/gimpCVS-configure.txt
> >
> when you build from cvs you use the autogen.sh script and not
> configure. autogen calls configure.  i do not know what calling
> configure did again but that would be the first good place to start.
>
> when you are building from cvs, don't type "./configure"

Hello, Carol
You are quite correct.  I have been guilty of running "./autogen.sh"
and "./configure".  It has worked just fine up until this issue started,
but I will not do it anymore.
Right now I am compiling a fresh download of Gimp from CVS, running
only "./autogen.sh" instead of running "./autogen.sh" and "./configure"
and see if that fixes the problem that I started this thread because of.

Steven P. Ulrick