On Monday 09 January 2006 01:16, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Eric Grivel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>>   - Is development going on that I could participate in?

> Development happens in irregular intervals whenever someone finds the
> time and motivation for it. Last summer an effort was made to clean
> up the source code and to identify missing pieces. Pippin has since
> then developed babl, a library for color conversion that is waiting
> to be used from gegl. The most important missing piece at the moment
> is the code to actually store the image data. As soon as we have
> that, gegl would for the first time become actually useful and we can
> consider to start using it from GIMP.

OK, so what do Eric, Florent, myself and others here lurking who are
interested in putting a rocket under GEGL need to do to get this show
back on the road on a more permanent and ongoing basis?

How hard is the storage code to write? Would it make sense to co-opt an
existing storage management system from elsewhere? What can _I_ do? I
code but am not a graphics guru of any sort.

Cheers; Leon

http://linux.org.au/            Member, Linux Australia