On Fri, Feb 10, 2006 at 02:36:19PM -0800, Carol Spears wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 10, 2006 at 02:06:52PM -0700, Scott wrote:
> >
> > IMHO, any app which is asking for a filename as input should give both
> > a keyboard-oriented and a mouse-oriented means of providing it. How
> > much extra work is that to program? *Especially* when it has already
> > been done, and done well, in previous versions??!
> >
> well, welcome to the free world.  i suspect that you have to buy this
> functionality from novell.

Sorry, I seem to have unwittingly stepped into some hornet's nest.
Novell? I have no idea what is meant. I'm just an ignorant user who
used to like the way gimp worked, I have no clue what Novell would
have to do with it now not working. It must be an inside joke.

I thank Alexandre very much for his suggestion to use Ctrl-L.

And all of you developers for an excellent program. My uncle used to
be heavily into graphic design; he was up here for vacation one summer
and I was telling him about the gimp. He sort of rolled his eyes at
the thought of using anything that was free, but he took a look and
soon his eyes were popping out of his head instead.....

Scott Swanson