just to let you know that I posted some ideas to my blog that might be
of interest to you and that are waiting to be implemented:

I will probably also post some sort of reply to the dreadful newsforge
article later. But I felt the need to flesh out some UI ideas first.

We really need to find a way to let more people know what is happening
in GIMP development. I will try to use my blog for this more often in
the future. I hope you don't mind, but I feel that our mailing-lists
are too isolated environments for attracting the new contributors that
the GIMP project needs so urgently.