Hi,

Robert L Krawitz wrote:

Maybe there should be something in the menu bar that opens it on a
single click (rather than click/drag/release).

Double-cliking a tool causes the tool-options to be shown - that's probably sufficient.

That's a function of your window manager setting.  If you use click
raise, this will happen.  I don't have this problem personally, since
I don't use click to raise (click on the title bar or a hotkey are the
only ways for me to raise a window).

Sadly that's not an option under Windows, and most disappointingly, not under stock Gnome either.

Perhaps we should give some thought to a less intimidating default window layout, though.

All the best,
--
Alastair M. Robinson