Sorry, but I have to say that this seems very stupid to me.
To "scratch my itch" for the 2.3 version I had to install the whole
mingw/msys/gtk ... lot and compile.
Luckyly I succeded in this but I don't really know how and why (apart from
the excellent work of the development team of course).
Now I see that a little link could have saved me time (and disk space ;-))
and maybe brought to GIMP some more beta testers.
I can't understand the rationale behind this decision to hide the binaries.
Regards

Paolo

"Michael Schumacher" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ha scritto