Hi A.J.,

A.J. Bobo wrote:
> I am interested in learning how to write plug-ins for GIMP without
> having to use script-fu. I found your tutorials and really like them.
> Unfortunately, I cannot seem to find gimptool-2.0 on my computer. I'm
> using Windows XP and GIMP 2.2.11. Was this file (and the required header
> files) not installed on Windows, or did I miss something? Where can I
> find the files I need to write and compile plug-ins? Thanks for your help.

Thanks for your praise - I always like hearing back about the articles.

I'm forwarding your mail on to the GIMP developers list, since honestly
I've never developped anything for the GIMP on Windows, and I don't know
where you might be able to get a hild of a gimptool-2.0 for the platform.

The build environment for GIMP development on Windows is a bit tricky -
I've bailed out a couple of times after getting all the dependencies
installed because of some linking issues - but if anyone can point you
in the right direction, they're probably on the gimp-dev list.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
David Neary