> New tools? Why not improving the basic brush system (sometimes with
> artificial limits, see animated brushes workflow or pixmap scaling)
> and let all tools make use of it? Erase, airbrush and so on...

To refresh people's memory, Philip is the person who wrote
the code that lets the transform tools preview inside the
image, along with a number of other fancy things.  He doesn't
even really need mentoring -- but if the SoC program could give
him enough support to let him devote his summer to GIMP coding,
I think that would be a good thing.  (It is also compatible
with the SoC rules, as long as he is a student.)

  -- Bill

Sent via the CNPRC Email system at primate.ucdavis.edu