Thank you for your answer

On 5/9/06, Tino Schwarze <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

What do you mean by "apply the alpha again for preview"?

I want radio boxes with the ability to choose between the different texture formats, and a preview thing to see which looks best, so at first, I don't do the entire conversation, just enough to make Gimp help me show what it will look like.

You could also
"merge visible layers" which preserves the alpha channel. Then you only
need to remove invisible layers and may convert to indexed with up to
255 colors, so you get 1 bit alpha.

The problem is that I don't want 1 bit of alpha all the time, it depends on the format. One has 5 bits, one has 3 and a couple of them have none.

Andreas