As part of the article I'm writing for Linux Format, I've posted a patch
and screenshots of a proposed implementation of the enhancement defined
in bug #331839.

I've got to submit the article tonight so it would be helpful if someone
could review the patch and provide feedback on it.  It doesn't have to
be accepted, of course.  Just some idea of what you'd like to happen
next so I can explain in the article how things work after a patch is
submitted.

Thanks.
--
Michael J. Hammel                               Ximba End User Software
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                      http://www.ximba.org