With my suggestion:
One click and press 'L'
Ctrl + Shift + 'N', 'L' (Which btw makes the right hand free to do whatever
it wants)

It doesn't free the right hand :)

If you want to be picky, then no, the right hand is not free. I meant that the mouse cursor can do whatever it wants.

I understand your point. Our different conclusions is based upon our
different definitions of 'consistency'. I think that the UI should be
consistend in the effective workflow sense, while you want it to be
consistent in a structured way.

I don't buy this distinguishing of "consistencies", sorry.

I'd appreciate if you told me why instead of just 'I don't agree with you'.

Behöver du middagstips? http://www.msn.se/mat