On 5/22/06, Brent Berg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
We would ask a script to accept rectangle dimensions, font and text
information and output a tif file of the rendered text. The script would
need to wrap and copyfit the text in the rectangle area. That is the
most important feature needed.

Pango does this already, if I understand your problem. It can render
text to fit a certain width in pixels, with word breaking and a mix of
typographical effects.

There's a demo program in the pango distribution which does almost
exactly what you need:

You'd just need to use imagemagick or equivalent (script-fu? vips?) to
assemble the various components of your ad and do any compositing.