On 5/27/06, Michael Natterer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Sat, 2006-05-27 at 08:08 +0100, Alan Horkan wrote:

> (Frankly I'm more interested in XPS/Metro which attempts to replace PDF,
> and XAML/WVG/Avalon/whatever-they're-calling-it-this-week attempt to
> replace SVG.)

Really? I'm not interested at all. Zero percent.

To me that looks like the usual M$ attempts to "replace"
just about anything that other people have done.

It's already ambivalent to have GIMP running on windows
at all, I'm not interested in taking this any further
by supporting these formats, and thereby supporting M$.
The free software community doesn't get any support from
them either.

Plus the fact that M$ submarine patents are no idle threat.  I'm very
wary of M$ geeks baring gifts, especially when they explicitly don't
grant patent licenses in the legalease.

Anyway, all this reminds me that I started writing a pdf output plugin
a while ago.  Maybe I should dust it off this three-day weekend.