On Saturday 03 June 2006 11:49, Juhana Sadeharju wrote:
> Now to the quoted text.
> In my software, I have already thought of using a license
> which forbids their use in Windows. I don't know the license
> details yet; perhaps GPL + restriction.

That would make this software non-free (and non-open-source). Reading from the
"Free Software Definition" ( http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html ):

* The freedom to run the program, for any purpose (freedom 0).
* The freedom to study how the program works, and adapt it to your needs
(freedom 1). Access to the source code is a precondition for this.

That put aside, you are not obliged to take an extra effort to make your
software portable to Windows. But if you want it to be free, you need to
allow other people to port it there if they desire to.

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish