On Wed, 2006-07-19 at 00:27 +0100, Mukund wrote:

> With further input from Alan Horkan (idea to add descriptive comment)

I think that the description should stay "GNU Image Manipulation
Program" as it is now.  The new text is IMO too long and I really like
the fact that the current About dialog prominently expands the GIMP
acronym. This doesn't really work any longer with the proposed changes.

I suggest that we keep the dialog as is for stable releases. For
unstable releases, it would be nice to have a small disclaimer like you
proposed. Please implement this by adding another label to the vbox.