Hi Sven

On Wed, 2006-07-19 at 08:50 +0200, Sven Neumann wrote:
> > With further input from Alan Horkan (idea to add descriptive comment)
> I think that the description should stay "GNU Image Manipulation
> Program" as it is now.  The new text is IMO too long and I really like
> the fact that the current About dialog prominently expands the GIMP
> acronym. This doesn't really work any longer with the proposed changes.

IMHO, I prefer Alan Horkan's comment about the descriptive text. I think
this is what the field is for too, to describe what the application does
tersely. But if you think it's unnecessary, I'll remove it out.

> I suggest that we keep the dialog as is for stable releases. For
> unstable releases, it would be nice to have a small disclaimer like you
> proposed. Please implement this by adding another label to the vbox.

Yes it was too stupid of me to append the text to the comment field as
it killed the semantic meaning of the field. I'll add another label to
the dialog.