Hi,

On Tue, 2006-07-25 at 23:49 +0200, Karl Günter Wünsch wrote:

> First of all the new one doesn't save it's options. That could be remedied
> but
> the amount of changes (I'm a C++ developer and really can't get my head
> around doing the way object orientation is done in the tool, the
> documentation for all the stuff that has to be done is lacking or isn't easy
> located - so I can't do it myself, I tried and failed) seem excessive as the
> gimprectangleoptions.c is the odd one out and uses a completely different way
> of storing it's properties to all the other tools -> Bug #346683.

Fixing this is as simple as adding the GIMP_CONFIG_PARAM_SERIALIZE flag
to the registration of the interface properties. This is a simple change
and it is already outlined in the bug report. Please stick to the facts,
or if you don't know about the implementation details, don't make
assumptions about them.

> If that were not bad enough, the usability is partially much worse than
> before.

The new tools are not ready yet. We know that there are problems and it
is nice that you took the time to point them out. But rest assured that
we don't plan to release GIMP 2.4 with the selection tools in their
current state.