On Wed, 2006-07-19 at 10:37 +0100, Mukund wrote:

> IMHO, I prefer Alan Horkan's comment about the descriptive text. I think
> this is what the field is for too, to describe what the application does
> tersely. But if you think it's unnecessary, I'll remove it out.

I think that the long description overloads the dialog and I would
really like to see "GNU Image Manipulation Program" right below the
abbreviation "GIMP".

The descriptive text is already in the gimp.desktop file and from there
it is a lot more visible to the user. Perhaps we should review the
description there and use the wording that you and Alan suggested.