On Tue, 2006-08-08 at 10:44 +0200, Karl Günter Wünsch wrote:

> I have no doubts about this but there is a problem discerning these two by
> just looking at the code if you are not that much into the GTK way of doing
> objects. There also is little documentation whatsoever on what parameters
> mean.

The GObject documentation at
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gobject/ is quite extensive and
should be considered a must-read if you want to understand the internals
of the GIMP core.

> I debugged that down to the level of an object comparison (by name it seemed)
> which failed because one of the objects compared was NULL. If you'd like I
> can give it a try later (tonight after 8pm european summer time) and give
> some additional informations about this...

It doesn't crash for me, but there are critical warnings when the
interface properties are being deserialized. I will have a look at
gimp_config_deserialize_property(), most probably we are making the
wrong assumption here that the properties owner_type is a class.