First off, fantastic job on the new tool. I think it is great and have no great complaints about its implementation. FWIW, I would mildly desire integer-only aspect ratios and I would greatly desire having the "make square" and "expand from center" options be available as key modifiers.

One thing I noticed is that for the "subtract" and "intersect" modes (whether attained through the Mode buttons or through key modifiers), The marching ants of the currently drawn area become a solid line whereas for the "replace" and "add" modes they remain marching ants (this is true for both the Rectangular and Elliptical tools). Perhaps there is a very useful reason for this behavior, I just found it anomalous.