Hi,

On Mon, 2006-08-21 at 10:36 -0700, William Skaggs wrote:

> if you have to wait until after you have pressed the mouse button in order
> to activate the constraint.  I had quite some difficulty coming up with
> a reasonable way of dealing with this -- what I finally decided is that
> the most sensible thing to do is just to make each key-press, while button1
> is down, toggle the constraint.

I don't think that's a good solution. I would rather implement a
different behaviour for the case where the user is changing an already
created rectangle. If the user is creating a new rectangle, pressing
Shift and Ctrl while the mouse button is down should activate "square"
mode, respective "from center". And, and that's important, releasing the
modifier keys should untoggle it. Only then can the user discover this
functionality without the risk of doing something unwanted.

As soon as the rectangle is created, it's mode should not any longer be
toggleable using the modifier keys. The user can still change it by
pressing the check boxes in the tool options but it is rather unlikely
that one ever wants to turn a circle into an ellipse or change the "from
center" mode.