On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 11:46:57 +0200, graffoo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> - any chance to use paths as masks? So called clipping paths? I thinks
> it could be done exactly the same way as vector layers but the path
> would affect the mask, not the layer itself. What about that?

There is already a bug report/feature request about clipping paths:
Note that this is often confused with the masking groups or clipping
groups, which are slightly different:

It would be nice if the vector layers could be extended so that they
could be used as clipping paths.  But this would again require some
changes to the user interface so I suppose that it will take a little
while until this feature is implemented.  By the way, it would also be
nice if GIMP could load PostScript files or PSD files containing
clipping paths and convert them automatically to its own format.