On 8/29/06, Henning Makholm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I cannot use the smudge or blur|sharpen tool, gaussian blur doesn't
> work neither does unsharp mask, layer masks seems to work but get
> their alpha thresholded.

Neither of which are something one usually needs in a situation where
one wants to stick to a colormap while editing.

Smudge and layer masks are two things that I would appreciate for indexed images. I already have workarounds which let me return the results to the appropriate palette quickly, that is how I found that out.

> To do any real work on an indexed image I already have to go by RGB.

Your idea of "real work" is obviously very different from mine.
I do lots of real work on indexed images.

Yes.

> Duplicating this behavior in GEGL would not be appropriate in my
> opinion,

I don't really care whether it is duplicated in GEGL or outside it, as
long as the net effect of "don't let my editing result in pixel colors
outside this small predeterined palette" is still attainable with the
sum of GEGL + futureGimp.

That is essentially what I want, too.

Henning Makholm                         "This imposes the restriction on any
                                  procedure statement that the kind and type
                             of each actual parameter be compatible with the
                       kind and type of the corresponding formal parameter."

Is that quote meant to be hard to understand? Or just to demonstrate how awkward english can be?